Sunday, August 16, 2015

So, here we have a "conceptual sketch of rendering" (in axonometric view) of my latest design for  a standard Chicago lot. This is, generally, a more "practiceable" sort of design for me, being smaller in scale, conforming to most, if not all local zoning laws, etc (compared to some other projects of mine which incorporate planning, not the norm for architects, usually it's treated as if there must be a "balance and check" to it, yet, again, I have no interest with any developers right now, no property rights, although I am not sure that means anything either - yes, I am a denizen of this neighbourhood currently and could benefit if it takes a certain course in the future. Look closely at the design and you will see it is somewhat elaborate yet not ultra-complex, or nigh-unbuildable (without a billionaire's budget). Yes, the inspiration is partially the Recreational vehicle, along the lines of Corbusier's interest in ships, perhaps, and it is simply a reference point - there is not slavish adherence to anything as if the building would need to be less a building and more an RV, or something that could be lifted and added wheels to and carted around...
No...
Yes, if a person really wanted...
I suppose some space could be made for RV parking, such as an indentation in the building...
Well, it's not exactly my cup of tea, so forget I mentioned it maybe...
There is meant to be coloured glass, to hearken, I don't know, to Rietveld Schroeder, perhaps, yes, around the windows...
This is designed as a concrete "balloon frame", of some sort, or "space frame", with this cladding of some metal, but it could be painted, if necessary, like RV's and even vinyl siding are sometimes painted (although, I am against vinyl siding, I might try to side it in adobe, before siding it in vinyl siding, not that I am sure adobe holds up well in this climate, it probably doesn't really...)...
That is the main, more practical option, on the other, hand, more similar to my other projects in complexity and expensiveness, the outer layer here, could be made of my "lattice" including the integrated photovoltaic-glass, "calibrated" as it were (yes, I am not sure that people understand all the facets of this design, I guess they probably do not, although I do, and I have tried to explain, and yes, a test of it would be nice to prove its worthiness, but it could be efficient). Yes, and I am aware that if that "cladding" with whatever structure beneath, be it concrete or stone, or whatever might be thicker than what I was designing with the aforementioned properties, well, then the design and scale could be tweaked, you see, that is just implied when potentialities are mentioned, but a lot of people surely won't understand.
Also, either when built or after, a peaked roof might also be installed, just set back a tiny bit maybe, and I am thinking this could be a greenhouse with the entire south side a solar panel and a sky and north facing glazed area...
Which could also have photovoltaic glass perhaps, if necessary, to keep a large heatgain out, or extra circulation or whatever, and which could still get plenty of light to have a garden ornamental or to produce food. This is the basic "innovation", interior design, interior architecture, these might be more straightforward, but the idea, I will note, also includes an idea for integrated radiant heating and cooling in the floors, certainly...
Along the same line, the "flashy" curvaceously shaped windows on the sides of the building, along with their useable interior panes, could conform to a grid, it just hasn't been fully developed yet, but the groundwork is there, a step...
It's only a matter of the next step being taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment